THE WILLIAMS MUSEUM
Henry Williams' original tombstone. As the sandstone has deteriorated badly, the Ministry of Culture and Heritage has replaced it with an exact copy. The parish of Waimate North has gifted this tombstone to the Williams family for display at The Retreat and it is now housed in a garden pavilion. Marianne's original tombstone is still in their joint grave in Holy Trinity churchyard, Pakaraka.
Three carved plaques from a memorial to Henry Williams in St Paul's, Paihia churchyard, which was erected through donations made by North Island Maori after Henry's death. Nine Maori clergy attended the unveiling on 11 January 1876. These three sandstone plaques have deteriorated and been replaced. The damaged plaques, in Maori and English, were donated by the parish to the Williams Museum Trust, and are now housed in the Garden Pavillion.